The new slides will be included in the published version of my C++11 training materials the next time I push out a release. Having recently done that, I don't expect the next release to go out for a while, but in the meantime, the information sources I refer to for enhanced enums and for alignment control in my C++11 training course are listed below.
- “Strongly typed enumerations,” Wikipedia. Subsection of entry for “C++11”.
- “enum class -- scoped and strongly typed enums,” Bjarne Stroustrup. Subsection of “C++11 – the recently approved new ISO C++ standard.”
- “Better types in C++11 - nullptr, enum classes (strongly typed enumerations) and cstdint,” Alex Allain.
- “C++0x Forward Enum Declarations Cut Down Compilation Time and Dependencies,” Danny Kalev, 13 August 2009.
- “Probe and Modify Your Types' Alignment Programmatically,” Danny Kalev, DevX.com, 10 July 2008.
- “alignas / alignof,” George Flanagin, 17 June 2011.