Sunday, June 2, 2013

New ESDS Book: Effective Objective-C 2.0

I'm pleased to report that a new member of my Effective Software Development Series, Matt Galloway's Effective Objective-C 2.0, has just been published.

The first thing I noticed when I opened my copy was that the code is beautiful. In the pre-publication manuscripts I read, everything was black and white and plain, but in the published version (both print and electronic), code examples are syntax-colored using both multiple colors and a mixture of "normal" and bold font faces. If this makes it sound garish, I'm not describing it properly, because the result is wonderful.  Here, look:


If you're an Objective-C developer, I encourage you to check out Effective Objective-C 2.0. According to Matt's blog post announcing the birth of his book, there's a discount code worth 35% off if you buy the book via InformIT.

Scott

No comments: